Betta Fish Forum banner

is it normal if..

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  squal90 
#1 ·
is it normal when my male betta starts biulding a bubble next and my female betta starts showing vertical lines after 6 hrs of been together???

#5 ·
Agreed, I'd wait. She is all clamped up and is not in a submissive position yet (head down at a 45* angle). Did you condition her? She doesn't really look to be in breeding condition... but that might be the lighting. It's hard to see her.

#8 ·
You're supposed to condition each fish for two weeks, as in, you feed them healthy live foods and keep their water super clean, you change their water more than normal, and other stuff. I'm not a breeder, however many on this forum are.

#9 ·
squal90, conditioning is a pretty simple process, but if you haven't done it yet then you should separate your bettas into separate heated tanks while you do it. Conditioning is very important; conditioned parents make healthy fry. Additionally, unconditioned bettas are more likely to get sick or die following breeding since it is very stressful.

Conditioning: You just feed your pair lots of good foods like frozen (NOT FREEZE DRIED) blood worms, glassworms, brine shrimp and live things like mosquito larva or wingless fruit flies. During this 2 week period you should not allow the two fish to see each other and you should keep their water cleaner than it has ever been before.

How much research have you done? What kind of breeding set up do you have?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.