Betta Fish Forum banner

My impulse buy... (Lots of pics!)

2K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Arzela 
#1 ·
Well, I'm finally getting around to posting about Calypso. Almost two weeks ago, I was returning something at walmart, and afterward, decided to wander over to the fish section to see if there was anything interesting over there. To my surprise, it looks as though that walmart is getting rid of all of their live fish. Save for a few bettas and goldfish, all the tropical tanks had been cleared out. Anyway, a little female betta caught my eye because she kept swimming back and forth depending on which was I was walking. Long story short, I ended up bringing her home. (Because of this, my parents have decided that three bettas is enough. LOL) Anyway, she's become my favorite out of my three bettas. She has so much personality! She'll follow my finger around, she'll jump and grab food off my fingers, and all kinds of fun stuff. She's temporarily in a 1 gallon tank, but I'm planning on hopefully getting her an eclipse 3 soon, as I absolutely love my eclipse 6.

Anyway, here's some pics of Calypso. :D

For a few days, she lived in a critter keeper.

Hi Neighbor! :D (The day after I got her, Feesh built an enormous bubblenest, lol)

With flash

the orange stripe down her back

Her current tank

Random offtopic question;
Does anyone else have a cat that likes to steal things? Mine, who normally just tries to take my stuffed animals and pokedolls has decided to steal my container of betta food this morning and I can't find it anywhere. o_O

See less See more
#6 ·
Is she?! I thought she looked different from other females that I've seen that are similar to her in color...xD Never thought I'd find a dragon at walmart o_O

#9 ·
Thanks, I'm probably going to need any luck I can get to find my betta food. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if my cat decided to eat it...

#15 · (Edited)
BTW I think she's a Plakat instead of a VT....
I suppose it's possible. How do you tell the difference with a female?

And they do look just alike!! Maybe they're twins. xD

#18 ·
I can't really explain it as it's something you kinda just have to learn by looking at a ton of fish, but here are some pics...
Wow, she does look like a plakat. o_O I figured she was just a VT since she came from walmart, but seeing those pictures, it looks like she really could be one.

#24 ·
OMG I love her!!! I am jealous. I am going to keep looking at the females at my walmart.

#27 ·
She's beautiful, congratulations on your find!

They take terrible care of the females at our wal-mart. Tifa (who I later found was male) was the healthiest of the bunch and Nina looked just about dead. Glad I nabbed them when I did.

They currently have one in there that can't help but float on her side... her spine is bent, and she doesn't move unless provoked... she's been there the past two times I've gone to get tank stuff... And she looks just like my Nina.. I want to bring her home so bad!!! :(

#31 ·
She's beautiful, congratulations on your find!

They take terrible care of the females at our wal-mart. Tifa (who I later found was male) was the healthiest of the bunch and Nina looked just about dead. Glad I nabbed them when I did.

They currently have one in there that can't help but float on her side... her spine is bent, and she doesn't move unless provoked... she's been there the past two times I've gone to get tank stuff... And she looks just like my Nina.. I want to bring her home so bad!!! :(
Calypso's cup wasn't all that great, but it wasn't terrible either. The same day that I got her, they had a female that was definately on her way out...her water was a murky brown color and it was just terrible. =( But, it looks like the walmart I bought her at is getting rid of all of their live fish, so no more will have to suffer (or at least, at that location).

Pretty! Who is that VT in the 2nd picture next to Calypso? He's pretty too! Compliments to both!
That would be Feesh. =)

wow i think shes one of the prettiest females ive ever seen :)
Thank you ^_^

Cats, as well as dogs, LOVE fish food. I have lost so much fish food because of my crazy 2 n 2. >.< Lock the fish food out of reach! I keep mine in the fridge now a days...
Yeah, this isn't the first time Sly (the cat) has gotten into fish food. We have a community tank in our living room and he can get into the cabinet under the tank. His favorite seems to be the sinking wafers we have for our cories :B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.