Betta Fish Forum banner

Female Betta Photo Dump

665 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  LittleBettaFish 
#1 ·
I thought I’d post up some quick shots I got of my sorority tonight. The tank is a 12 inch cube, and it currently houses five females. They are getting moved into my 2ft tank with one of my other females in the next two weeks.

I picked up this lot from an aquarium where they had been living together as a sorority already, and they’ve settled in really well. There’s been no real nipping or chasing, and they all hang out together in amongst the crypts and riccia. My milfoil has exploded but I like it looking like a jungle so I let it go (plus I’m too lazy for trimming :D ).

I also thought I'd take some shots of some of my other females, since I haven't posted pictures of them for a while.

This girl is one of my favourites. She's such a sweetie, but always gets so excited when she sees me/food she jumps around everywhere.

Then we have this girl, who shared a tank with my male plakat that recently passed away. This is the tank I will be moving my sorority into once I get it replanted. The Anubias needs a good wipe-down.

Finally, this is Hel and her tank. She is going into the sorority with my other girls because she's already had her fins mauled by one of my males and I need to use her tank. The lighting is off in this shot. My crypt isn't dying, they were just new leaves.

Anyways enjoy the pictures and excuse the streaks.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well in betta world each of them want to be the biggest and toughest.

But i had a betta that was the smallest of all of them, but the female was the biggest bully i have ever seen.

#6 ·
Hi Waterbottle2,
In the sorority I have Milfoil, Riccia (floating), Crypt Lutea and Narrow-Leaf Java Fern (wedged in at the back).

In my other tanks I have various species of anubias and a couple of crypts. I'm too lazy to be bothered tying plants in so I just wedge them in the various nooks and crannies formed by the wood, and let the plants attach themselves naturally.

Anubias and crypts are indestructible once established. My crypts never melt, even in tanks I do regular 100% water changes on, and some species can grow in very poor light. However, I have found my anubias like a bit of current on their leaves, and a couple of mine started rotting in my tanks where the water was soft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.