Betta Fish Forum banner

New Betta owner here

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Oldfishlady 
#1 · (Edited)
Well since we live in an apartment and can't have a cat or dog I decided it was time for some kind of pet and decided on a Betta. My 6 year old son helped pick out a beautiful blue one from the LPS. The all look nicely cared for. In little bowls but clean bowls. At first he was in an unheated .5 gallon betta "tank" but I quickly decided to get something bigger for him that I could heat and possibly filter. This was after getting attached to him after the first couple days and deciding we should do the best we could for him. Now he's in a 5 gallon tank with a heater and filter and a hiding space and plants. They're plastic but soft and I'll look for better silk ones or possible live in a little bit. The store in town didn't have much. Being small the aquarium stuff is kind of expensive but the fish can't be beat. The tank and stuff came from our Walmart. Its so awesome watching him swim all over his tank. And the crazy fish seems to like the little bit of current coming off the baffled filter. He swims up to it and swims against the current and then sort of turns around and takes off down it. Crazy fish. Oh and we named him Bubbles.

Bad picture but I'll try to get better later.

See less See more
#2 ·
hi karen and hi bubbles :wave: nice to meet you guys :-D bubbles is one lucky fish to have been picked up and brought home by you guys..... and remember the best things always comes in small packages ;-)

#4 ·
registereduser i love the betta in your profile pic makes me wanna keep them again :lol:

#7 ·
Who lives in a pineapple in a five gallon tank? BUBBLES THE FISH!!

Lol, sorry, I couldn't resist after seeing the decoration! Welcome from a fellow forum newbie :3

#8 ·
So I rebaffled his filter cause the first wasn't quite wide enough or quite right period. Too small a bottle. And he's still swimming all over the back where the current is riding it. LOL.

#11 ·
one word THAILAND the land of betta :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.