Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta poop?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Bettanewbie60 
#1 ·
Okay, this is a silly question...what does betta poop look like? I hadn't noticed a lot in Buddy's tank since I got him little over a week ago. I changed his pellets a few days ago to Omega One, and he loves them, no more pecking at or spitting out his food. Then today I noticed this at the bottom of his tank. Is this just normal poop? Maybe he wasn't really going well with the other food? I am doing his water change today, and picking up a turkey baster to remove..I can't afford a vacuum yet. Please answer if you can, thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
If the different colors are a throw off, could it be that he was "backed up" and the new pellets are allowing him to go finally? The difference in colors caused by the difference in the food?

#12 ·
Thanks so much Aus..I was thinking the difference in color is because of the new food. It is much better quality than what I was feeding. I just had not really seen any visible poo in his tank before today. I'm thinking the old substandard food had him bound up or something. Sigh...he is incredibly active, and LOVES the new pellets...so yeah, maybe just finally going normally...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.