Betta Fish Forum banner

Bad news with my pets

418 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lillyandquigly 
#1 ·
Ok, so I was giving my bettas a check over and found that Cheng had that white fuzz stuff so I gave her some meds so it should clear up in like a day. Then I found out what was wrong with Fhil, I looked closely at his fins and noticed he was missing a few chunks, then I looked closely at my filter, and found a few chuncks in it! So I turned it off yesterday(when I found out)and I'm wondering if there is a way to make it so my filter won't do that? Also, non-fish bad news, my cat Cookie has become very extremely ill so I've been doing my best and she's taken a turn for the better so please pray for her

#2 ·
Depending on what kind of filter you have there are a few things you can try.

1. Put some plants or decorations around the filter
2. Insert a sponge or filter fiber inside the filter to slow the water suction down so your betta can swim near it without being sucked into it and ripping his fins.
3. If your filter is adjustable lower the power of the filter

#3 ·
You can also put a piece of pantyhose or sponge around the intake tube to prevent fins from being sucked in. I always do this with every betta tank ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.