Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta jumps out of bowl for food!!

735 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Zero186 
#1 ·
Check out this video of my King betta named Tycho jumping out of his bowl to get food off my finger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=lmctGA7dWvM&NR=1

also, I bought this betta at petco...he was labeled as a king betta. Is he a plakat that was mislabeled? take a look at the video and let me know what you think!!

#4 ·
Mine used to do that too...KEEP ALL OPENINGS COVERED (with air openings of course) :-D ...my betta who used to jump fo food......ended up jumping OUT and dying...

And it looks like a king to me! (yes, plakat...king isn't a fin type, it's the size of the betta...so it's a plakat king) :-D

#5 ·
I have bettas that do that even without coaxing. Slippery little devils. I've even had a few jump out of the tank on me. As far as that specific betta being a king (half-giant) I can't really tell; we only get to see him and another betta for just a few seconds. The easiest way to know is compare him side-by-side with your other bettas. He could have just been a mislabeled plakat. I recently bought a plakat king that was labeled as a regular plakat. Save me $10!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.