Betta Fish Forum banner

Hubby's gift...

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  DragonFish 
#1 ·
I just lost Bandit Bijon and Bali Blaze in the past two days. I have been really sad, and frustrated not knowing why they died. I wasn't really ready to add two more to my "pack" but hubby went with me to get our dog's nails trimmed today, and we stopped to look at the new bettas. I am still keeping them in their cups until I know that the tank is safe, but at least for now the cups are clean. I have two bowls, but they were used for Bali and Bandit, and I am not feeling like they are safe either. I'm probably going to start with a new letter of the alphabet too...I'm about done with the "B" names. Sorry if I don't sound more excited about these new guys...they are really awesome, I'm just not "into" them yet...it's been a really rough day. Oh, and hubby also got me 5 neon tetras...I don't even know how if I can make them work in the 10g divided that is sitting empty, but I couldn't tell him that. I put them in it already, after checking water prams, doing a pwc, and checking and cleaning the filter. I also added 4 ghost shrimp because OFL said if the tank is contaminated they will die within 24 hours..I know it sounds mean to use another living creature to "test" the tank, but I need to know it's safe for my bettas. Please don't raz me about any of this...I can't handle any more hassles right now...thanks. Here are my new sweeties..
View attachment 65437

View attachment 65438

#2 ·
I'm really sorry about Bandit and Bali :( Your new boys are really pretty, and I'd love to help you in naming these guys once you decide a "theme" for them.

#4 ·
Thanks so much..you are very kind. I just read what I posted, and realized I am just rambling, no thoughts really finished...and teary for the millionth time today..sigh. I hate seeing Bali and Bandits names on my signature now, but I want to honor them. I'm just tired I guess.

#5 ·
Thanks, yeah he is a cutie...and so little! I can't wait till I can move them into the bigger tank. I guess I'm still in such shock about losing the others I haven't even bonded with these two yet. I just feel numb.:-(

#8 ·
I did see a couple of your posts about Bali and Bandit, but I hadn't found the chance to offer my condolences yet. I'm really so very sorry to hear about your losses. D: I've lost many fish over the years to various causes, its never easy to loose anyone, especially when you're not sure why.
Something my dad always told me is that no matter how many times it happens, it never gets any easier to loose a loved one, be they a pet or otherwise, but with time it does get better......so you'll get there. <3 It just may take some time.

Your new boys are absolutely lovely by the way. I'm especially fond of the little yellow ventrals on the first boy, I love those blues with the cute yellow ventrals instead of red. <3 And the DT is just plain down right adorable, he looks like he'll have a very spunky sort of personality.

I bet once everything is set(sending positive thought vibes your way about your tank being safe and he little ghosties surviving!)and you've got these two set up in their new home you'll start to bond with them and feel a little better. :) Hang in there!

#9 ·
Thanks so much Dragon! I am doing better today..The ghost shrimp survived, and so did the 5 neon tetras now swimming in that tank! I'm not sure how this is going to work. So far I have removed the second divider, to give them room to "school", I have moved the other divider over about an inch, so there is still a good amount of room for one of my bettas. Right now the DT is in there exploring and loving it, checking out the snails, the ghost shrimp, the plants lol. I am on my way to the fish store for more plants for the side with the tetras, and then I'm hoping I can put the other betta, which is starting to look like a possible HM on that side. I really hope he and the tetras can be together with enough plants and caves..if not, I'll have to figure out something else for the tetras. We shall see what happens. thanks again for your encouraging words. I'm still waiting to give them names....

#10 ·
Any time. <3 And glad to hear that you're doing better and that everything seems to be looking good! Thats fantastic news!! :)

Hey, sometimes you have to make things work with what you got.....you know what you're doing and I'm sure you can figure it out. xD Sounds like you're doing great so far, I really look forward to the pictures!
OH! This also might be a great excuse for a new tank at some point too. ;D Lol.

Have you given any thought to a new letter you want to work with? Or some sort of theme? I'm not the best with names, but I could go look up some things for you. xD

#12 ·
Thanks for your confidence in me lol. I haven't decided on the new letter yet...probably over the weekend. I am still setting up the left side for the tetras and betta...I want to do it when I have time to sit for a while and keep an eye on everyone.

#16 ·
Kim they are so beautiful, I am so happy that you found two new boys that you will grow to love. I am again so sorry for your loss but remember things can't get any worse... Keep me posted on the new letter of choice for names.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.