Betta Fish Forum banner

About those water changes . . .

441 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  1RainbowBetta 
#1 ·
Someone posted about this elsewhere, and I had a "duh now why didn't I think of that!" moment. Decided to share, in case anyone else never thought of this.

When you do water changes, use the out going water to water your house plants. In summer, use it to water your garden. It is already fertilized, plants LOVE it!

This does not work if you keep a marine tank (which you would have in addition to a betta tank, lol). Plants do not like the salt content.

#3 ·
I didn't do this until I moved my tanks to the upper level of my house, where I keep my houseplants. I dump most of the waste water in the houseplants now. Great way to save a little water while fertilizing the houseplants!

#5 ·
I do this too! :) We have a couple potentilla plants near our house, so I started giving the used tank water to the closest one. It started flowering more than the other one, so I had to start giving the 2nd one some too. Not sure if it was just the extra watering or something a little extra IN the water that they like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.