Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Plant

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Person

Votes: 26 70.3%

Which would you save? Animal,person or plant

4K views 77 replies 28 participants last post by  Neil D 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm curious which thing you would save first if you only had one chance to save one of the following which would you pick? An animal person or plant. You, can only pick one which would you pick all of them are in a dieing situation which means you only have time to aid one of the following death occurs to all the others you don't aid.

An animal

A person

or A plant

BTW this post was not made to disturb anyone it only shows the morality & heart of each person who votes.

#8 ·
depends on the situation. You really should of put a story to your question:

A fire starts in your house and there is no way to control it. Your husband/boyfriend has passed out from the smoke and your animals are wounded from burns and laying ill, but still alive. Your rare plans that have been handed down from family to family are also at risk of the deadly fire.
Who would you save?

In all honestly, I would save my boyfriend. I love my pets, but for the ones that I have I can always start a new. It sucks, but when you have someone in your life that is also sharing your own and love them with all your being....they are your world.

I love you Jared <3

#19 ·
depends on the situation. You really should of put a story to your question:

A fire starts in your house and there is no way to control it. Your husband/boyfriend has passed out from the smoke and your animals are wounded from burns and laying ill, but still alive. Your rare plans that have been handed down from family to family are also at risk of the deadly fire.
Who would you save?

In all honestly, I would save my boyfriend. I love my pets, but for the ones that I have I can always start a new. It sucks, but when you have someone in your life that is also sharing your own and love them with all your being....they are your world.

I love you Jared <3
I'd have to agree with this post. It would be horrible to turn my back on the pets who've trusted me to protect them, but if my entire future was at risk (someone close to me) I wouldn't be able to leave them behind. What if you had plans to have a family in the future? Would you leave your boyfriend or girlfriend behind at that point? It may sound selfish, but humans have to reproduce in order to survive just like every other creature on this Earth and your own species matters most in those kinds of situations. However, if it was some random stranger in the building I'd go after my animals because they're considered to be a part of my family. I'd feel bad for leaving the stranger behind, but family matters most in those kinds of situations.

#26 ·
First, I think this is a strange post...

Religion shapes the way people think so that is naturally going to play into a question like this so it by no means can "ruin" this post. Unless someone changes it into a religion debate which wasn't the purpose.

Save a plant? I don't understand why that is even an option. Like if something happened at work I can't see myself stopping to think "Well I really like that fern. Should I save it or my coworker?" Plants are definitely a non-issue. I would leave it even if it was the only thing I might need to save. I would not even consider a plant when in a dangerous situation.

I would always save the person. I love animals and get really attached but I can't see myself chosing an animal over a person. I would be distraught over it for a while but it does go back to how I was raised and how I believe.

If there was no person involved I would save as many animals as I could.

#12 ·
I would save the person first at least 90% of the time, if not more. The only time I would take an animal out before a person is if it was obvious that I could not help the person.

I love my pets as though they were people, so that's really difficult to say, but that's how it has to be. That person has loved ones, parents and siblings and friends, and even if I don't like them or know them, choosing to let that person die hurts many more than just them. Losing a pet hurts only me.

#13 ·
It depends on the situation. If there was time, I'd get the person out if they couldnt do it themselves then go back for the animals. If possible I'd do both. If it wasnt family, I would go for the animals and come back for the person. But again, it depends, this is really a weird question and you didnt give us any kind of story to it o_O

#14 ·
So just take the story posted by another member into consideration when I started this I meant in any situation.No, matter what I believe you can only save one of the following lives in a crices situation.

An animal

A person

A plant

#17 ·
It really depends on the situation,
Like say the house catche's fire one night and everyone is woken up by the fire alarm...I would set the animal's loose so they could get out on their own or find shelter somewhere, the person in question run's out of the house and I grab a loved plant on the way.

In any emergency, if I remember correctly...if at all possible set all pet's loose so that they have a chance to get out (like rat's/snake's just open the cage).

But true I agree with everyone here, I would save a person!

#21 ·
Working in the service industry, I'd save an animal over 99.9% of the humans I deal with on a daily basis. Of course the animal had better be tame, since I wouldn't want some brushtail possum clawing my face off as I was carrying it to safety.

I never get the whole saving someone just because they're a human. Most people out there aren't deserving of being rescued. Heck, going by the blatant idiocy and cruelty so proudly broadcast on Youtube, I'd probably stop to push some of them further into harm's way.

#28 ·
Working in the service industry, I'd save an animal over 99.9% of the humans I deal with on a daily basis. Of course the animal had better be tame, since I wouldn't want some brushtail possum clawing my face off as I was carrying it to safety.

I never get the whole saving someone just because they're a human. Most people out there aren't deserving of being rescued. Heck, going by the blatant idiocy and cruelty so proudly broadcast on Youtube, I'd probably stop to push some of them further into harm's way.
+1. I only have one person in my family that I would have to save if an emergency occured, and so if she couldnt get herself out then I'd get her out and go back for the animals. Knowing a pet or just some animal was hurting or burning alive would just kill me. If it was some stranger and not my mom in the house, I'd choose the animals. The stranger would likely be able to get himself out.

#22 ·
I'd save a person. I love my pets, and would really hate to leave them behind, but a person's life, even if it was someone I really did not like, Is so precious, beyond any living thing in this world.
Also, animals know what to do in bad situations, unless they get trapped, they can usually find a way out or hide.
You could aways go back in to save your pets later if you had the chance.

#23 · (Edited)
Yeah, BlueHaven that's pretty much all there is to it...... I would still apreciate other opinions though if anyone has anything to add I know there's much more opinions out there!

If your thinking I'm contradicting of what I'm saying in earlier post it's only because each post is getting truer and truer

#24 ·
It would definitely be a person.

I love my fish and my cat, but people come first and foremost. I see situations every week that involve vulnerable people who's lives have been twisted upside down, and I'm never used to it. But if there is a way to help them, even little things, I do it knowing that the outcome will change their lives, and this goes for people and animals. If it was a drowning spider in a rainpipe, or a bird caught in fishing wire, or a squirrel with a broken leg, I would help them as much as I could. If there was a chance for them to live, I would give it to them.

#25 ·
I'm no good with choices so how bout I force the other person to save the animal and sacrifice myself?

#30 ·
Think about this:

A big disaster is happening, like zombies or something, and you just remembered that you have the keys to a boat in the marina. You run to your car and almost drive off when you see a stray dog and a man coming towards you. The stray looks a bit dirty but still pretty healthy and friendly. You recognize the man as a survival expert from TV and the news: he was about to go on trial for the murder of his brother. He said it was self defense, and though there was no verdict as of yet whether or not he was innocent or guilty, most thought he was innocent and would be let go.

You only have room for the stray, but friendly dog or the survival expert on trial for murder.(it is a very small car, a smart car perhaps) Who do you take in the car? You only have about ten seconds to decide before the zombies reach the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.