Betta Fish Forum banner

betta rescue update

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Seki 
#1 ·
Last Saturday I went to Petsmart to replace a betta and purchased a copper dragon plakat. And next to him was a sad guy that the manager gave to me. After 4 days or salt, aloe and green tea treatment and daily water changes the difference is remarkable. So I encourage all that can to " Buy One, Rescue One!"

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I am using API Betta Water Conditioner which contains aloe vera and green tea extract. PRIME has the same stuff, but the betta size is more easily adapted to 1 gallon. Also use the API Aquarium salt. The first time I used it mr. GreenJeans did not like it. He went to the bottom and stayed on it! also the 100% water changes were too stressful; so I mix up a gallon of the brew, take out 50% of his water, check for correct temperature and refill his tank. I keep the brew for the next day. I have been amazed at his progress.

#7 ·
Great name, and nice work! He's colored up amazingly - must be feeling a lot better.

#10 ·
It depends on the specific type of animal. Like if a lizard lost his tail or a guinea pig is sick they are adopted out. For fish it doesn't happen often. I worked there for a year and we adopted out some aggressive cichlids who couldnt go with others or a one eyed angelfish. If a betta has an obvious disease such as fungus/ich and no tail they should be Able to be adopted out. However it's all at the discretion of whoever is working at that time.

#12 ·
It amazing how all these rescues don't need much to perk up. Clean, salted water seems to do them just fine.
Beautiful colors :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.