Betta Fish Forum banner

Decided on a tank! *SQUEE!*

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  beta novice 
#1 · (Edited)
I am jumping with glee, at the thought of (finally) having made a decision on a tank! I've been looking since the beginning of March, trying to find just the perfect one.

I started with being in love with a little 1.5 gallon cube. :roll: Then I graduated to thinking a 3 gallon was just right (maybe even a bit big!), THEN I found the holy grail of all tanks......the Eclipse 5 gallon hexagon! I was so set on this one, but decided to just try setting it up in the corner to see what it looked like. Um.....why does it look soooo small? :lol::lol: (it's not really, but that's funny how just adding a few things shrinks the size down drastically.) Not to mention it scared the heck out of me to even touch it....let alone clean it! The acrylic already had little hairline scratches everywhere....and that's brand new! There's no way I was going to risk scratching that. So I returned it.

At this point, someone on Craigslist posted a 5 gallon kit with decor, supplies, filter, etc. and a beautiful betta in it..........all for only $15!!! But I realized I really want a 10 gallon tank, so decided to let this deal go to someone else. The seller seemed really impatient to "rid" of her fish anyway, rather then wait and have it go to someone who researched....which is unfortunate.

SO..........my final decision is to just go with what most people told me in the first place.....a plain ol', boring 10 gallon glass tank. :-D I already have the theme picked out for it too. SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited I can't contain myself!!

I just hope my 25 wt. heater will work ok in it, but it will have to do. :| Also, I need to clean a "barely used" tank that had a hamster in it. Is hot water and bleach ok?

Can't wait to get all the supplies and show you all! :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D It's gonna be one spoiled little betta with a 10 gallon all to himself!

See less See more
#11 ·
Lol vaygirl! :-D The hex tank is gorgeous though..........I drooled a fairly nice sized puddle on the floor, when trying it out for looks, ( :lol: )but the acrylic scared the bejeebers out of me......thus the decision for glass! :shock:

I simply can not wait to rescue some poor little guy (or gal) out of those nasty cups and see how they react to all that space to swim!! It's gonna be so neat to watch! :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.