Betta Fish Forum banner

female betta

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Falina 
#1 ·
hello all

as many of you will know i have recently cycled and started filling a 35g tank (god knows ive had enough posts about it lol)

so another one wont hurt...

i have so far got a pictus catfish, an upside down catfish (synosomething), a pitbull plec, 3 mollies and a swordtail.

i intend going to my lfs tomorrow to get another couple of fish. i have been thinking about a couple of blind cave tetras and thoguht i had made my mind up that i would get them. however i have had a last minute idea that i mgiht get a female betta. would she be compatable? what if i got 2 blindcave fish and a female betta? would they annoy her as i dont think shd be too fast a swimmer or would i be best going for one or the other rather than both?

thanks

#3 ·
Blind cave tetras can get nippy.:shake: No, they won't go well together.

#4 ·
ok, thanks. i wasnt sure since i know the blind cave tetras tend to be very active and bump into other fish quite a lot which i thought might aggrivate her a lot. ill probably go with 2 blind cave tetras, or failing that a couple of cories since i love them so much then thatll be my tank quite complete :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.