Betta Fish Forum banner

Thank you Bettafish and a comment

919 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Kaylin 
#1 ·
To make a long story short I was housing my 2 male Bettas in their own mason jars till I found this site. While reading about Betta habitats I became upset about the way they were being housed. Now, they are in a divided 10 gallon with filtration, heat and space to swim. I have noticed there colors have come back and swimming with their fins open. I will take a pic of the tank and post it.

Thank you for all the information I have gotten from this forum.

#6 · (Edited)
Here is the pic. I have to take some better picturs but, photograhy is not a strong suit. Thanks for the comments everyone. Once the tank is cycled I would like to take out the fake plants and add live and maybe some cherry shrimp.

#12 ·
Thanks, I've had a few fish tanks in my life but, never had Bettas. I always thought they liked small containers like that. When I ran across this website and saw how they should be kept it changed my way of thinking.

#18 ·
Welcome TonyK. I'm a new user with pretty much the same situation as yourself, save for I didn't have the fish, just the empty cycled tank. :p

Plants aren't as scary as you might think, and Pewpewpew wrote up a really good guide to plants on these forums. Her post is what made me get into doing a planted tank for my fishy. :)

~Kaylin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.