Betta Fish Forum banner

can you id this fem tail type?

556 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  pyro fiend 
#1 ·
i can not id fems besides the obvious ct and double tail lol.. can you tell what she is? she is small like as tall as a pen is thick maybe an 1in-1.5 long. so she has some growing to do...but im just wondering what she might be

id like to appolagize for the bright watemarks from the flash. i didnt clean off the tanks outside befor adding her XC she looks like a viel maybe a delta to me. i cannot get her to flare or sit still, but she wasnt labeled as anything but female at petsmart [who just had grand opening so i think its likely they dk what they are doing on tail types as i seen a crown male with a lid saying double tail males and so many mix ups]

#2 ·
It would really help if you could get her to flare, but you can't, but there is another way to look at her rays if there are 2 rays on her tail its a veiltale, 3 rays delta, 4 rays its a HMPK or Halfmoon. Here is website that you can see what i mean about rays:) http://bettysplendens.com/articles/page.imp?articleid=1642

#3 ·
shes a little to small for me to see the rays plus this gal will NOT sit still lol.thats y i cropped a pic for yall. ik the rays. but i cant count them.. iv never had any fem but ct and i cannot tell at all from pic -.-

#4 ·
Plakats also have 2 rays. So the ray count isn't really helpful. And also there's more if a range of the ray count. not all deltas have just 3 rays... You have a female Veiltail. I can tell by the shape of the anal fin and the ray count

#6 ·
thanks mo. wish id of refreshed befor stressing this beauty out =\ so for sure a fem then? :D glad. they had so many mis-marked bettas :S

just checkin i thought was vt. but shes so small and i can hardly count a ray she wont sit still

#5 ·
well i cupped her for a min to try n look.. she went from nice no lines to horizontal within mins =[ tried look.. looks like 2 maybe 3. not too sure -.- tried take pic.. made her more stressed.. ig ill let her get bigger or make her flare sometime in future :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.