Betta Fish Forum banner

Petsmart.

Tags
new bettas
4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
So I was chatting with a guy today who works at petsmart and I was questioning him on why he now had the feamles together in the tank. He said it was store policy because they are getting two new types of Bettas. Halfmoons and dragon scales so hazahh for that :D granted after that we started on a 10 minute discusion about bettas heater vs non heater. But yay for new bettas though :D

#4 ·
Aw.. lol
I just foamed at the mouth for nothing then.
Our petsmart has crowntail males and female and male vtails. (So far as I've seen. We do have one female from there that I'm wondering about.)

#5 ·
IMO our petco has a better selection... even better than the LFS

#6 ·
I'm jealous of those of you with petcos around! We dont have one nearby.
A local pet store had AMAZING bettas at one time.. recently went back and they all looked like walmart fish.

#7 ·
My PetSmart does the thing with the females in one tank and in the cups. It only has VT m, VT f and CT too.

#8 ·
@xMandy: Thats sad!:/ Why dont you ask to come and help out once in a while. Like when you get a chance.

@KayDowson:I have been to one petco and i think that the bettas could have been better looking. i was looking for my first HM betta and found him, but i see a very pretty marble HMPK and just didnt get him:/ I regret it though for not getting him.

#9 ·
My Petsmart only carries veils and crowns so I'm pretty excited. The closest Petco to me is about 40 minutes away in town. My Petco is kinda good on selection but not care though...I haven't found one place around me that takes care of their bettas. -sighs- Maybe one day I'll open my own Betta shop...its been hovering in the back of my mind at least.

#10 ·
I figure this isn't going to migrate to Canada :p

My Petsmart keeps male and female VTs in separate cups, and male CTs in cups. I think there is the occasional female CT but with their fins clamped up it's hard to tell.

I'm thankful that most of the fish employees actually have some knowledge about them. A few people have been stopped over the past couple months for either overstocking (main cause) or incompatible tank mates.

No luck with proper care for bettas though, the only people I see getting bettas are older ladies who get 3-4 of them for a possible sorority.

If I see any store HMs or even DTs or DbTs...omg...I don't know if you guys will see me anymore. LOL

#12 ·
Well in Canada, you guys have Big Als which from the sound of what i keep hearing, they have beautiful bettas and fish. So Thats a huge plus! I wish we had a big al's!:-D

#11 ·
Lol Well we better see you :p Otherwise how else will we get to see pictures?

#13 ·
I've never been to a Petsmart with Halfmoons, I've been to PetCo, but never a petsmart. So hopefully they carry this everywhere. Halfmoons aren't even listed on Petsmart's website, so I doubt they carry them in a lot of places.

#14 ·
I would go help out at the fish store but it's too far of a drive. Thought it was worth it to get a good Betta, but now it's like going to the next towns walmart lol.
I'll ask if I go back and they're still like that.

#15 ·
If Petsmart is getting HM's for a cheap price then I may have to start prepping a new tank.

#16 ·
Yeah I work at Petsmart we only have VT male/female and CT males. But we had some tags printed off with "dragonscale" and "halfmoon" bettas I think 8.99 for dragon and 6.99 for halfmoon. I've been trying to contain my enthusiam since my co-workers don't exactly have the betta bug. None of us know if we are actually getting these guys in but we have been getting all sorts of new betta tanks lately.. I'm hoping!

#17 ·
Inside source! lol

#21 ·
@Bettalover: I would but it's a good 30 minute drive in a relatively hectic area from my apartment and also from my grandmas house (in opposite direction).

I actually do that with Petsmart, but I am full up for now...no more plugs, lol :(

#22 ·
Well its just whenever you are ready you can do that. Also im sure that they have a phone number to you can actually call them and ask them that way. Right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.