Betta Fish Forum banner

my bettas never flare boooo

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Betta Slave 
#1 ·
So i have noticed that for the most part, pictures of peoples bettas show them flaring. My 3 bettas virtually NEVER flare anymore. Peter has completely stopped and i think i have seen Matthew flare MAYBE twice....is it a bad thing when bettas don't flare anymore? I mean Matthew and Peters tanks touch, so they can see one another, but could care less.

#3 ·
hmm.. i mean i tried the mirror thing, i heck i even put their habitats side by side, NOTHING lol and Matthew..welll he flares his fins and tail, which is nice b/c he is a half moon, but NEVER his gills. Peter rarely ever flares his long beautiful fins and tail :( and stopped flaring his gills.

#4 ·
I have to echo BettaxFishxCrazy else- temperant of the betta. I had a betta called Polkee and he wouldn't even flare his fins (which were gorgeous and orange and long <3). My plakat flares for about 2 seconds, then retreats into his den, then pops his head out, comes to the mirror, and repeats the sequence. While one of my crowntails flares all day at the bettas beside him.
I don't know if this would work for you, but some of my bettas don't flare at mirrors... they flare at CD's. I have absolutely no idea why. But maybe yours would flare at CD's too. You could try it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.