Betta Fish Forum banner

Is it possible to..

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Myates 
#1 ·
So, I've always REALLY wanted a show worthy fish, not a fish you canj ust pick up from Petco. My problem is that I can;t go to the shows where these gorgeous fish are being shown and are cheap as well.

Is there a way to get a fish, if you are interested in one, without going to the show?

#4 ·
Well, I'm not necessarily looking to breed.

It's jsut that I've seen people say that they've gotten fish from these shows for, like, $15. I'd rather not use AQ because I'm not willing to spend $60 on one fish. I'd understand if I was breeding, but I'm not, so I don't want to make that high of an investment in a fish :/

I mean, if the only way to get a fish from the actual show is by going to it, then well, I guess I'll go there one day xD

#7 ·
Can go with show breeders.. join FB groups (I'm in a few with a lot of showers.. just msg me or DQ there or on BL for links/names).. AB or even places like MN Betta Shop and Beejays that sell show quality fish. I got a couple fish who would hold their own very well in shows from MN who get theirs from judges in the Thailand IBC chapters for a decent price and me not having to ship overseas.. avoid the middleman lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.