Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #31 
ANHEL123

My god you wrote at 3.30 am .Did you feed them that early? You don't have to do that. How is your other female doing?
Don't remember if i said it , be careful not to cross -contaminate any equipment with other female.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #32 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
My god you wrote at 3.30 am .Did you feed them that early? You don't have to do that. How is your other female doing?
Don't remember if i said it , be careful not to cross -contaminate any equipment with other female.
Lol no I was up because we had an outdoor cat inside for the night in the lobby and I wanted to make sure no one kicked him out (it was freezing!) and I meant I feed them morning and evening about 3-5 pellets and I usually feed them less in the evening. And trust me I'm careful, I lost my first ever betta, Rodger, because I brought a sick one from petsmart and the stress of moving to college and then him getting the disease was not good at all. I do miss him :'(
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #33 
Sakura8

Hi Roemegie. I didn't realize your betta was an elephant ear.

I skimmed the thread a bit but if your girl is acting normally, swimming normally and eating normally, then I would not worry about her popeye. In my experiences, elephant ear bettas tend to have bulgier eyes than other betta types. From what I saw in your pics, she's completley normal.

If you are still concerned, you can keep her in some epsom salts for another week but I think she's okay. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #34 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Hi Roemegie. I didn't realize your betta was an elephant ear.

I skimmed the thread a bit but if your girl is acting normally, swimming normally and eating normally, then I would not worry about her popeye. In my experiences, elephant ear bettas tend to have bulgier eyes than other betta types. From what I saw in your pics, she's completley normal.

If you are still concerned, you can keep her in some epsom salts for another week but I think she's okay. :)
Yeah my boy bad when had pop eye and his brother did too (both from petco). I've noticed almost all the big eyed cases in cups are usually elephant ears but I literally just looked over at her and she looked a little sideways again -_- I'm going to do a 50% change and add some Epsom salt for her and I may do a little for my white elephant ear just in case :)

But thank you!! I'm hoping it's nothing but genetics! It's just her eye is cloudy :(
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote