Betta Fish Forum banner

New tank!

885 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Malvolti 
#1 ·
So, I posted on the rant thread a few days ago that I came home to find out that my dad had given away one of my tanks without letting me know...so that my masked boy was temporarly 'homeless'.

My dad said he'd buy me a new tank to make up for it, so we went to Petsmart today thinking that I'd get a new 2.5 gallon tank for him since it's the cheapest.

But when we got there, the 2.5 mini-bows were almost $50, which I had expected...then I saw that there was a 5 gal kit for about the same price, so I went and picked that up happily, thinking I had solved my problem for splitting the tank when I return to Ottawa...

BUT THEN, as we came out of the aisle, we saw that there was a Tetra 10 gallon kit for $30! Came with hood, lights, and a filter!

So obviously I bought that! 4 times the room of a 2.5 gallon at almost half the price! :-D

Plus, now all three of my boys will all have 5 gallons to themselves! AND I've finally gotten a 10 gallon tank that comes with a hood! Lol. So when I return to Ottawa I'm going to be selling that other one that I've taken down on Craigslist, or something.

Just so excited at my new tank!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats awesome! What a great deal for a 10 gallon set up!

#4 ·
It is crazy how expensive small tanks are. I was looking at 2.5 gallon's for my female betta... and I was in the same boat as you. Can't wait to see pics of how you set the 10 gallon up :)

#5 ·
Dang that's a good deal, I'll have to head over to petsmart myself and see if it is a province wide sale. I hope it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.