Betta Fish Forum banner

need a little help finding the boys a new tank

487 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ScribblingRaven 
#1 ·
#4 ·
yes.. some people say that betta's can live in a small container - yes they can but they will get depressed. betta's have different personality too just like humans. if I were you, I won't go under 1 gallon and make sure he has some hiding places to hide like plants or ornaments.

#7 ·
The Marina Betta keeper isn't too bad for a single Betta as long as the substrate on the bottom is no more than a centimeter high and only one piece of decoration.

#9 ·
Heating them can be a problem with small containers unless you use an extra mini small under-the-substrate heater pad (most of the time these have to be placed under the tank out of it on a heat-safe surface). By this point it isn't worth the time and effort so most people with small tanks go without a heater, especially if the Betta is on a desk near a lamp. Yes, not the most healthy environment, but Bettas are very adaptable fish. Truthfully, my Luma didn't have a heater for a while in his 2.5g until a few days ago when I decided he was staying too cold on my coffee table. Now he's a super happy fish. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.