Betta Fish Forum banner

So i have 2 pairs i think i may be starting

721 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1fish2fish 
#1 ·
But i need some assurance that these pairs will be suitable and the results to expect. The first pair is a beautiful pinapple that i think is halfmoon with an injured tail that kind of makes it look like a veil. I'm thnking of putting him wit a mustard gas female crowntail but i'm wondering if i will end up with more pineapple colors or Mustard Gas colors.

I also have a beautfil Doubletail bi-color male that is deep red on the body and has 50% red finnage and 50% see-thru black on the outer fins. I got a cambodian crowntail female with red fins that i think could produce some nice fry. do these seems like they would produce some good results?

#2 ·
If your male looks like a VT he probably is a VT. Mixing a VT with a CT is going to give you a bunch of mutt fish with varying rays of web reduction, pretty much mixing anything with a CT is a bad idea unless you really know what your doing.

Your best bet at producing nice quality fish is to buy a nice quality pair from a breeder in a tail type and color you like.

Especially when your first embarking on breeding you need to go a safe route with your breeder choices, pick something that is going to be popular and produce predictable results. A sibling pair is the best way to go. After you've started a good line and have had some successful spawns and time to research how genetics work then that's a good time to play around with mixing colors and tail types.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.