Betta Fish Forum banner

Fin Rot: should I continue with the salt baths?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TheCheese909 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! My Crown Tail betta, Loki, has fin rot and I gave him a salt bath yesterday and did a 100% water change. When I gave him the bath and afterwards he had little fuzzy white looking things on some of the tips of his tail. Today they're all gone and he's just swimming around like mad and eating well (well he actually never really stopped eating/swimming around with the rot, he acted like normal).

I've never had a betta before with fin rot and I just wanted to ask for advice if I should give him another salt bath today or not. I don't want to subject him to anything he doesn't need and cause more stress.

He's in a 2.5 gallon tank with a heater (temp is between 78-80) and filter.

Thanks for any help!

#3 ·
For fin rot you want to put him in a QT for a week with 1tsp of Aquarium Salt per 1 US gallon. If it's not better then you can do it for longer, typically you don't want to do it for more then a week, but 2 weeks is okay.

I would change the water every other day but you I think most people let them sit for the week in that QT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.