Betta Fish Forum banner

lil tailbiter ahh...

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  gahcrazy 
#1 ·
Sorry for the rant thats coming but Scotter is biting his tail again after it was almost back to normal :evil: Just when i was thinking about how lovely it was growing back and then i go into the room and BAM not one fin but two! arh... All i did was make one little change in his tank 2 days ago! Changed everything back, pointed my finger and gave him the " I'm so disappointed in you ) speach and left! Sorry again for the rant but i know that some of you all understand !:-(

#3 ·
Ugh, little emo fishys.....

Gah, I know how frustrating it is though. Smore decided to start bitting his tail a while ago. He was doing alright for a while, but now every time I touch the tank I come back a few minutes later and theres a new chunk taken out of his beautiful tail :frustrated: I'll never understand what motivates them to do it.....

#5 ·
One of mine does it too! grrrr....
It's extra-annoying with him, because his tail is pretty stumpy to begin with, so when he takes a chomp out of it, it is ridiculously short. I am not sure how he reaches his head around enough to get at it. Silly boy.
I wish there was something I could do to stop him.

#7 ·
I think i know what triggers this. at least in scooter. he's been in a seprate tank for meds and i guess he will go back in the big tank real soon like maybe tonight. I feel sorry for him in that lil tank (more like vase) . He keeps looking at me like WHAT I DO WHAT I DO! anyways Jewel misses him Just stayed along side the wall where they would meet. So God luck everyone with your tailbiters plus MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS to all!!!

#14 · (Edited)
AHHHH TELL ME ABOUT IT!! my Vt Smirffy had such a long and beautiful tail but he started tail biting after i put Azula my female VT back on her side after spawning and him eating the eggs...i was very upset im so proud of his long flowy tail and for him to do that NOT COOL!!:frustrated: so ive been treating him since yesturday night and he looked so sad so i put him back in his normal tank with azula and i has so happy when i saw he rebuilt a bubble nest but then i saw some red spots on the end of his tail agin so i put him back in his medicated cup urrggh:BIGweepy:hopefully he"ll quit it.

Attachments

#15 ·
Happy New Year everybody!! Scooter dosn't even see himself as a betta anymore:roll:. He won't spend much time flaring at himself in the mirror the last few days. O well. Maybe it's some kink of identy issue:roll: Anyway HAPPY NEW YEARS! and God bless:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.