Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#11,291 ·
#11,292 · (Edited)
#11,296 ·
Can't afford him with shipping and all. Plus as I just told my daughter, I'd be terrified I'd do something stupid & kill him when he arrived. Can you imagine?? :shock:

#11,297 · (Edited)
O I know! We can pool money & buy him for a breeder here. We can each have shares like people with race horses do... fry for me, fry for you, and you, and you. :smile:

#11,308 ·
Based off of looks alone and what I like, I'd go for female #2 and male #1. Though, I haven't yet read any recent comments to see if you're breeding them. However, I assume you are.

#11,300 · (Edited)
For breeding, or to look pretty? Because if you're not going to breed them, just pick the one that grabs at your heart. You'll be less happy if someone else chooses for you

You mentioned being obsessed with the first female already, so go with her. Or, if you're now also really obsessed with the second one, flip a coin and if you're disappointed, go with the other one :p Or go with the first one of each because you listed them first, so maybe that's your subconscious saying you like it more.
I'll let someone else chime in on the breeding because I'm still a noob... and also I have the hardest time seeing the edge of clear fins well in pictures.

#11,301 ·
They **may** be used for breeding. I am still trying to work out a way to breed bettas as a class project in my high school biology class and use it as a genetics lesson. The logistics of that would be the issue...so pet for sure...breeding maybe lol

That means I would still like an opinion on the breeding aspect if someone doesn't mind ;-)

I was/am obsessed with the first female but I must say the second one really caught my eye. Too many pretty fish! Yikes!

Right now I'm kinda leaning toward Female #2 and Male #1...but again, would love opinions on form and finnage :)

#11,306 ·
Well. I bid on one. Guess which! :-D ...Well, I guess you can just check.

Might as well make the most out of one shipment.

I have been banned from getting anymore males though. My gf insists that each male must have one of the 10 gallons to himself until I start setting up an actual breeding operation. Bad experience with failed dividers. Two males were killed by two other males and a third (who now has a nice home with Lilnaugrium) jumped his divider three times to get at my brother's DeT back home (the poor thing had almost all of his fins torn off, but miraclously survived and made a full recovery).

#11,313 ·
Love crowntails. They're by far my favorite tail types. Yet when I am in the market my local stores don't have very good selection of them :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.