Betta Fish Forum banner

What tank deco do you HATE to see in betta tank?

12K views 140 replies 67 participants last post by  Murka 
#1 ·
So, what is it? A certain type of gravel? Weird caves? Shark figurines? Saltwater background on freshwater tank? Have at it! I'm curious :D Pictures would be fun, but aren't mandatory ;D

#5 ·
yeah, I don't like the fish figures either. That's about it though. I like a lot of stuff that I see.

#12 ·
Frosted pieces of glass...looks tacky...looks like maybe a bunch of frat guys had a party at a beach and threw their liquor bottles into the ocean look... lol

#20 ·
I like the Asian decor as well,, really inspired by the whole "aquascaping" thing,( if you haven't heard of it be sure to google it )
I guess i am also partial to "cheap" (ie terra cotta and floating plants!)
I bought a plastic cave once and it smelled up my tank of chemical plastic, fish loved it but I had to take it out, I let it leech out for 5 months and it still smells so i don't use it

However I secretly covet the human looking skulls alone in a tank with red gravel...

#22 ·
I can't stand skulls at ALL...

And rainbow stuff. The only reason I have Rainbow/Neon plants is because I wasn't allowed to get the natural ones because they cost an extra $2...

And budhas. DON'T ask why because I have no idea, but they drive me NUTS. I love the natural tank design with just a splash of color...

#27 ·
Figurines that can't be used as a hide ):
Gaudy decorations like pink towers or foot flops.
Neon colors that distract from the fish.

Edit: AH. I was going to add
"Feral! I LOVE your tank. The skull and flowers just... well, they somehow fit? lol."
but I forgot to ):

#28 ·
Rainbow caves or those icky rainbow rocks... Looks like throw up to me! lol

#37 ·
Anything bright coloured/artificial looking/rainbow-y.

Plastic gems and marbles, especially as gravel.

Um...those little shark things or fishing signs from Walmart.

#38 · (Edited)
Oh one more peeve. Useless cacky decorations... like no fishing signs and tiny spongebob statues, See I mean decorations with no holes for the fish or decorations that look dumb...

I also hate spongebob stuff. It's SO obvious to me from the box, it always has been, how whenever they show a thing with spongebob smiling it's a money scheme and cheap. Grrr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.