Betta Fish Forum banner

Stopping? What's that?

2K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  AquaKai 
#1 ·
So I was walking through the Walmart near my house after dinner today. I was going there just to buy a bag of sand and a bag of aquarium salt. But then it happened. I saw the betta selection. I know I shouldn't have, I mean it's Walmart and they have horrible water conditions, but I saw him:cool:. I walked over and saw a beautiful male betta swimming in about 1/2" of water. He couldn't even fit his body straight. He looked at me and flashed, "take me home! I can't stay here much longer!" he pleaded. I thought about it, there was the 2.5g tank that I had. I have a filter, all I need is a heater. I picked up his dish-thing and he started swimming in circles almost like saying "haha suckers I got an owner:p". So I may have brought home yet another betta.:angel:

I still need to buy a heater, but I'll do that tomorrow. I believe he is a halfmoon with a little fin rot, or maybe a crowntail with a really full crown. Hopefully you can tell me. Also, his name is Benjamin (although I thought Fabio would be better...):love:

I have pictures!!!
Him:

His Home:

He has room to SWIM:

Yes, he know's he's sexy;)

See less See more
#3 ·
I was thinking that, but for some reason he was labeled 'crowntail'. But I'm not complaining, he was only $3:)

Thanks! I'm going to do some digging on tail types on bettas:) Thanks!

#5 ·
Thanks! I love his coloring, he's really settled in from last night and is now strutting around his tank showing off what he's got!

Here's a video of Benjamin. Some pictures will be coming soon!

http://youtu.be/puzLMMiMZec

#6 ·
Here are some new and better quality pictures:

And Here are some new and better quality pictures:

Benjamin looking for some more food:

Swimming at the bottom of the tank:

Benjamin hiding behind a plant:

Stretching out his fins:

We definitely need to work on the fin rot:

He's glad to have a new home:

#8 ·
Thanks! I really love how he's turning out to be:)

#11 ·
Yeah, I'm glad I found him! He's turning out to be a little on the shy side but I think that adding a few more plants to his tank will help with that! I think that's why they put him as a crowntail as well, but I'm not complaining;)

He's amazing! With a bit of "TLC" his fins should recover! :-D
Thank you! I'm about to start him with a little salt bath for his fins. I'm just going to put 1/2 of a tablespoon in the tank, hopefully that'll help him out! He seems to be a fighter so I don't doubt he'll heal quickly!

Thanks for all the compliments!

#12 ·
Gorgeous!! Glad you got him a good new home :)

The Wal-Mart here doesn't even label different breeds, tops of their "cups" just say Male Betta. Glad you figured out what he is though. :)

#15 ·
Thank you! He's glad he's got a new home:) Wow, only a Male Betta label that's sad... Oh well! I'm glad I have him anyways:)

very nice!
Thank you!

Kind of looks like a combtail
You're right he does! Hmmm... I'm thinking that I'm going to have to do a little more research!

#17 ·
Usually mine only has VTs and occasionally some CTs so I was excited when I found Benjamin!

There are more pictures!!! He's extremely photogenic!

#18 ·
Here are some new pictures of Benjamin (Benji), yes I gave him a nickname:-D

The dark and mysterious setting:

He really likes showing off his fins:

Front view. It looks like he has green freckles:)

Just keep swimming:

You can really see some of his red in this picture:

Still more to come, I just can't upload all the pictures at once. Apparently my browser can't handle that much!

#20 ·
That would be cool.:cool: I guess only time will tell though!

#21 ·
The last of the pictures:

Hiding behind his plant:

His Home Sweet Home:

He loves swimming:

His favorite decoration, the bell, and him:

My all time favorite picture of him:

That's all folks!

#23 ·
Thanks, I think he's super too! I just got a little camera happy, but I'm glad you think they're good:)

#25 ·
I'm sorry if i'm not allowed to post on here!! I read the rules, and it said that this has recently been commented on so yeah :)

Sadly my fish is a bit shy, I got him yesterday so he's still getting used to me, but he's very pretty, he's black, electric blue, purple, turquoise and red. Wow I didn't even know I could get that many colors in one fish! :eek: I'm new to it, but my sister owns them so yeah. Lol. Pretty :)

#26 ·
@moonsandOwls- in order to get your own responses, you're going to have to make your own thread with your own title. You can do this by clicking the bettafish.com logo at the top of the page, scrolling down and finding the appropriate thread category (Meet the betta keepers might be the right one or betta pics if you have pictures to share) Thanks :)

#27 ·
he's really pretty! Nice Walmart score!!!

I'm tempted by the female king bettas they have, but I think that might overfill my sorority.

#29 ·
Thank you! They have female kings! Woah that's amazing:)

I can tell you definitively that he is NOT a combtail. He is 100% half moon. The tiny jagged edges may be from bad breeding, but the tiny chunks are from tail biting, probably from stress from the store. He looks stunning and is coming along very well. Congrats! :)
Ok thanks for the identification. I'm try to get him back to full tail but I think it might take a while. And thank you, I find him stunning too, actually I catch myself watching him a LOT!

#28 ·
I can tell you definitively that he is NOT a combtail. He is 100% half moon. The tiny jagged edges may be from bad breeding, but the tiny chunks are from tail biting, probably from stress from the store. He looks stunning and is coming along very well. Congrats! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.