Betta Fish Forum banner

Stopping in to say hello :)

538 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MoonShadow 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been browsing this website for a while now and I finally got around to making a profile! I've had a few other bettas in the past, but I regret to say that at that time I didn't know how to care for them properly, and didn't have the tools to do so. Since then I've gained more experience caring for fish in general, and recently decided get another betta. One turned into "just one more," which turned into "you mean I can divide a tank??" which turned into, "well, now that my fish are in the living room, I'm lonely and need another one for my bedroom" Thanks to all the advice on here, I now know how to care for these guys properly. My boys are doing great, and I wanted to show them off :)

View attachment 92458
Jack Phantom, a.k.a. Jack. He's the first betta I got, and by far the most aggressive. I actually couldn't keep him in the divided tank because his fins looked pretty rough after just a few hours from flaring so much. So now he gets his own place in my bedroom :) He was almost pure white when I got him, so I'm excited to see if he colors up more.

View attachment 92474
Don Mateo de los Tenedores Grandes, a.k.a. Mateo. He's my lazy one. He likes to drape himself across the plants in his section of the tank and watch me from there. He also likes to station himself in a plant next to the divider and lay in it while he waits for his neighbor to swim by. And then he flares if he's feeling particularly energetic, or if the other guy flares first.

View attachment 92482
Sir Red Gyarados, a.k.a. Gary. Don't tell the others, but he's my favorite :) I bought him and Mateo together. I was having a hard time deciding between the two because I loved Mateo's colors and butterfly pattern, and I'd never been overly attracted to plakats before (which has changed now!), but this little guy kept swimming up to the front of the cup and looking at me. So I ended up getting both! He's my sweetheart and is the first to the front of the tank when I walk into the room.

View attachment 92490
And finally, the new guy! I just got him today. His name is Panther. I literally spent twenty minutes at my local Petco trying to decide which fish to get. I settled on him because I liked his speckles. It wasn't until I got outside and saw him in the sunlight that I realized how shiny he was.

View attachment 92498
Here's a picture with flash to show the copper color in his scales and tail fins. I'm still a little in awe because I've never seen another copper betta in this area.

And those are my boys! Thanks for looking!

See less See more
#6 ·
Gorgeous group of boys you have there!! I especially love the first boy!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.