Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority tankmates??

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Blazer23 
#1 ·
Ok I moved my sorority from a 30 long to a 72 gallon tank. Yes big! The 72 gallon has a spary bar attached to 2 fluval canister filters (304 & 305). Fortunately the spray bar holes are just large enough to make the flow good for the little girls (and some not so little). When combined the tank filters for about 130 gallons.

I went to petsmart since their female bettas are $0.99 each. I have a sorority of 52 now. There are also 6 corydora sterbai that I have had for about a month but just moved over to this tank. Everyone seems to be getting along well.

My husband wants to add more since despite the number of females the tank looks rather barren. He is wanting glass cats. Would they work? I know nothing about them. The females probably wouldn't even be able to see them. Lol!

What else would you suggest?

#2 ·
My husband bought some rasboras today and just put them straight in the tank. Let's keep our fingers crossed they don't have anything wrong with them. Sometimes he drives me crazy.

#5 ·
Lol! It was a african cichlid tank but they upgraded to a 110 gallon. My husband also has a 135 african and victorian cichlid tank. There is a 90 gallon in the garage that will get setup soon as a tang cichlid tank. I don't want to mess with salt but we have the cichlids covered. :)

The sorority looks amazing!

#7 ·
Omg! I had never seem those white clouds before. They are beautiful! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them! Thanks for the suggestions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.