Betta Fish Forum banner

Newbie here

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  sharon 
#1 ·
I have purchased a Baby BiOrb for my new home. I have some experience over the years with tropical fish and was wondering if this would be a good home for a betta. Any advice is appreciated.

#12 ·
Iv got a baby bi orb for the betta Il be getting in late Sept, its 4 gall (UK), there is a very small heater you can get for tanks 1-5 galls which is thermostatically controlled(a lot aren't) made by hydro, there is also a nicer one Iv seen which is flatter but you ll have to google it,(shaped like a mobile)and can go under gravel(wish id seen it first) you can reduce the air flow to a suitable rate just by adding a clamp to the air line and you can buy a bubble tube protector for the top of the air tube if you want , its designed to stop inquisitive fish from swimming down the bubble tube,I bought rounded quartz stones from the LFS and bought a bubble tube ornament but when Id got it out the packaging ,i felt it was too rough,even though the fish shop said it was OK ,but if you want to contact me and if you pay the shipping you can have it,Iv placed an Easter island statue(bit creepy) in front, like you I have other fish but this will be my first betta, am coming to Vegas 14 Sept and will be getting him when I get back, I found nearly all of my information on this site, you guys have been great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.