Betta Fish Forum banner

Aqua-bid... Good or evil..

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  frogipoi 
#1 ·
I hear many opinions about this... So who is right? I just want to know.. NIB BETTA says it is evil?

#3 ·
Aquabid has such great bettas it's bound to be good, but getting them is so expensive (especially from breeders in Asia), and most of us don't have that sort of money for the bettas, so we can only stare, drool, and dream, which makes it "evil". ^.^

#4 ·
I agree with xswornxoffxjello and JKfish.

#6 ·
EVIL!! i mean... they have crazy pretty bettas on their and they cost a fortune!! i know i cant afford them so all i can do is drool

#7 ·
Considering how much it costs to breed, not to mention how time consuming it is to maintain multiple spawns/ adults the fish on aquabid don't really cost too much.

Consider what your paying for. Well bred fish that live in excellent conditions and a fed the best of foods and are then lovingly packed to be safely shipped to you. Now think about the $3 fish you got at petsmart that was swimming in its own filth, has bad fins, ammonia burns, is starved, and has lord knows what genetic abnormalities in its background. That $20 fish is starting to look pretty good.

You do take a risk with aquabid but you can see the seller's feedback. Believe me if people get a bad fish from someone they won't hesitate to give bad feedback. Also if you take the time to learn what a well put together fish should look like (and how to tell if a picture is photoshopped) you can usually tell the difference between a really nice fish and a not so nice fish.

#10 ·
Just like everyone said there is good and bad breeder's on AB it's just like an ebay but of fish and aquatic supply's. So you just have to research the breeder that has the fish you want AB has a section where you can look up breeder's and it will tell you every good and bad thing about them. What other people have said about the breeder.

I also agree with 1fish 2fish by the time you pay your monthly expenses for fish food, power bill, water bill, containers, fish bag's, And there's more and more breeder's license so the price there charging is not bad at all for the quality of fish your getting plus it's only 5 dollars a fish to have them shipped to the trans shipper so if you got a pair for 35 plus 5 each for it to go to the trans shipper and then you pay from the trans shipper to you which is 14 dollars. So its not that bad your getting a real betta and if its from the right breeder then they have put there heart and soul into a line and your buying into that line that he has worked so hard for and your only doing it for 60 or 65 dollars not bad i dont think thats bad at all but thats just me.

#11 ·
i only wish i could get a fish from ab. i can just stare and do this:BIGsurprise:. i showed one to my grandma and now she might be getting one.

#12 ·
Little marlin you have to look at what you can afford and get the best stock you can buy for that money there is good breeder's in the usa you just have to find them and keep watching for them to update there page.

Bettysplendens.com is a great place to start not to just buy fish but the info or her page is awesome.

#16 ·
Diddo. I'm not sure if I will get to 42, but I am fast approaching 20. I have purchased from some great breeders on Aquabid. One breeder actually emailed me to ask me how my betta's where doing and if I was happy with the quality of fish. That really impressed me.

Honestly, out of the 16 betta's I have purchased from AB. I do not have one I regret purchasing. Now there are a few I wish I would have bid more aggressively on, but that is another issue.

***Off topic, animallover, do you have a fish room. If so can you send me some pics?***

#17 ·
This thread still is active and people can still post.
***Off topic, there is a forum exactly like this but with pokemon!***
***called victory road and there is bad words! ***

#18 ·
Same here NIB_Betta! I have alot I absolutely love from aquabid sometimes I think it would of been good if I never came across aquabid bcuz I have spent so much money! Lol but it's worth it! Ummm I don't have a fish room I wish I did but my dad won't let me, I actually have all my fish in my room, I just put up a betta wall though! Of 3 shelves I'll post a pic :)

#23 ·
As far as aquabid goes yes I frequent the site and drool,but I personally can't afford a betta from thailand. Perhaps if bettas had a longer life span than maybe I'd be more willing to spend $55 on a fish from there. As already stated it's like ebay or any place you take a risk with,there are great breeders,and horrible ones.

I will mention that I have purchased bettas from a breeder in the U.S. his name on there is 84elmo2001. For some reason he also goes by M1247m. His name is Roy and I was very impressed with him. I spent like $42 for 3 bettas. A white opaque female with mint green sheen to her, a yellow delta tail male,and a red spade tail(which seemed too huge to be female,but had the ovipositor) He package the fish up wonderfully,they were all healthy,and made it here alive. He even threw in a free spade tail female. He was prompt on responding to my e-mails. I was impressed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.