Betta Fish Forum banner

Phoenix...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ScarletAngel209 
#1 ·
Last night I lost my little guy phoenix... my third betta.. I didn't have him for long but he grew on me in seconds....

Went to the pet store about a week ago, broke and no intention to buy another betta but there he was... Fiery Red Crown Tail.... He was so beautiful and playful...

Sorry my little guy... wish I could've done more for you..

#5 ·
Thanks.. I really don't know what happened, i think he was just a sick little fish to start off with. He looked fine at the pet store, brought him home and the next day noticed fin rot... started treating that... he got a bloated belly, started fasting him and within 2 days his belly was back to normal and the rot stopped... Day before yesterday i started noticing a tiny bit of white "fluff" on his tail.. .i did a water change... added some salt to see if that would work... by the time i came home from work yesterday he was lying at the bottom of his tank breathing heavy and within an hour he was gone... I don't know if I did something wrong or didn't use the right treatment.. I'm hesitant to use medication if it's not necessary...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.