Betta Fish Forum banner

What's your betta's personality like?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  JackisLost 
#1 ·
I'm new to bettas, and I find it so interesting that they all seem to have their own unique personality!

I recently got a double tail Halfmoon I named Yue, and he's the most curious fish I've ever seen! Anytime I put my finger by the tank he follows me around. The first time I made changes to my tank I was worried he might get stressed, but he actually swam right up to my hand! The bigger problem is that he's so curious he gets in the way when I'm trying to fuss with the plants or gravel. :) He doesn't seem to be doing it because he's threatened either, since he doesn't flare up. I also love how bettas notice you right as you enter the room, they're such intelligent fish!

What are your bettas' personalities like?

#2 ·
Lol, my betta thinks the instruments I use to move plants around (including my hands) are there to feed him. I push him away with whatever it is when he gets too close. wouldn't want to nip him with my giant tweezers!
But he is very cute when he does it :)

I'm not sure whether mine notices me at all since his tank is very right whilst my room is dark. it's like being in a bright house at night and not being able to see outside. he does love to play hide and seek but :/ you have no idea how many times I looked up at my tank from my work and getting a mini heart attack because he's nowhere in sight.

But when I do turn the lights in my room on, all the little idiot does is surf the glass begging for food :/

#5 · (Edited)
Piou is grumpy and smug. Because we almost sleep together (the couch thereby my head when i sleep is literally against the tank) he comes to the glass to greet me every morning playfully patting his gill fins. Then flares at me gives me the look and snobly turns around.
Except if i feed him, then he stays a couple of minutes more.

Lol, my betta thinks the instruments I use to move you have no idea how many times I looked up at my tank from my work and getting a mini heart attack because he's nowhere in sight.
Same here, and i think he does it on purpose.

#4 ·
Well spike is moody, sometimes he all chilled out and others he's flaring his tank mate and playing tag. He doesn't like unfamiliar people and flairs at anyone but me. Magilla on the other hand beside being a little piggy, likes to follow my snail (mr. peebles) around just staring him. He seems to like everyone, I guess he's just friendly.

#7 ·
That's so neat that he recognizes you! Before I got my betta I read that they could recognize faces, but I wasn't sure if that was an exaggeration until I actually got one, and they really do!
By the way, Mr. Peebles is an awesome name for a snail. XD

#6 ·
Dragonfly is SO mellow and food crazy :shock: He LOVES his Betta Log, and also loves swimming through the bubbles that his sponge filter makes :-D

Firefly is very "firey"! He flares, and goes crazy at the divider (that divides him and Dragonfly) and loves to explore all of the decorations in his tank.

Maize is...weird. He is VERY shy/jumpy, but makes bubble nests like crazy! :shock: He also won't eat anything unless it's on the bottom of his tank, which is a royal pain!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.