Betta Fish Forum banner

Heater problems

Tags
heater
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
So, I just got a Top Fin heater for "up to 10 gallons" and apparently "up to 10 gallons" does not mean FOR 10 gallons. It has a knob with a "high" and a "low", and it says in the directions that if I turn it to the middle the temperature of my water should be 86 degrees. I tried it and let it run for a few hours, and it didn't seem to do much. I've been letting it run on "high" for about a week and the highest it's gotten is about 75 degrees. I'm thinking a more powerful heater is needed.

But not right now 1.) because I have no money and 2.) because by the time I get my fish it will have warmed up outside, and my house will be hot. It stays around 66-68 in my house in the winter, and in the high seventies or low eighties in the summer. So, I'm thinking I'll wait to get a better heater til the end of the summer when I have a job and money and when a more powerful heater is actually needed.

Sound like a plan? Will my fishy be happy through the summer without a heater?

#3 ·
I had a top fin heater once. I personally do not like ones that dont have adjustable temperatures. You can return it to petsmart and look for another one that allows you to pick the temp. Now most of those are *off* by a couple degrees,so you will prolly have to put it up a few extra notches to get the temp you really want. So you dont have to spend anymore money,just return the one you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.