Betta Fish Forum banner

Meet George ^-^

598 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  caissacrowntails 
#1 ·
Here Is George, I 'think' he's a veil Tail Betta I'm not sure.

See less See more
#3 ·
Not really I first wanted a Hamster but then mum said i couldn't have one so we agreed on me having a fish. I changed that from goldfish to tropical fish. Then I randomly found a youtube video online about siamese fighting fish (betta fish). I feel in love with them I thought they were so pretty. So I decided to get one.

I at first was going to wait for my local garden center (that also sell fish) to get some in because they had some coming in striaght from a fish breeding farm thingy like a week later but when i spoke to my friend who works in a pet store they had some in and she first told me he was blue. Since blue was my favorite colour I fell in love even though I hadn't seen him and when he got here I thought he was like plain black he had barely any red on him like 3 weeks ago and now it's alot more pronounced and his purple is stunning. I love him so much.

As for George it sounds silly but I watch a female gamer on youtube called Hannah (her channel is Yogscast2) and like in her latest game plays she calls like the horses she rides called George. I found it hilarious and decided to call him George. I've only had him about 3 weeks. It's a shame I got him in the midst of my flu it meant that I couldn't enjoy him at first but now i'm learnign new things about him every day.

#6 ·
He's beautiful! And yes he is a Veiltail!

#9 ·
he looks like a VT, but I think I'll bet he's actually a HM x CT cross, judging from his dorsal and his body/finnage proportion ( I crossed HM x CT before, and this is how most of the males in the spawn looks like ). And if you have plan to breed him in the future, maybe you'll have some nice offsprings if u cross him back to a ct female. just my 2 cents though :)

#11 ·
i don't think i have time or the space for breeding i'd have no idea where to start i've heard betta fish breeding is hard work.
well...from previous experience, no..breeding them is not that hard..it's raising all the male offsprings ( since u have to separate them individually ), now that's a hard work, especially if u have hundreds of 'em LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.