Betta Fish Forum banner

Temp..

1K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  TaraHanon 
#1 ·
what do I do if the water is above 80? I don't have a heater, ever since I did a water change today, it's been that warm. I don't want my boys to be to warm and for something to happen. Is it alright or do I have to do something??

#3 ·
How much over 80? My bettas tank gets to around 82, I think the highest was 84, but don't worry, I don't see any problems with that. My betta basically lives in those conditions, and he is great! =) They are tropical fish, I heard they could sustain even higher temps than like 86

#5 ·
Oh thats a tad on the warm side...they may be okay for awhile,but if starts to get warmer,gonna have to cool em off somehow. I think some people set up a fan?

#6 ·
I'm hoping it goes down soon, their tank has never been this warm...as long as yall think its okay then I wont be worried.

#8 ·
yeah i know they can deal with higher temps,but not for long term.

#11 ·
There's blue lights in there..I could turn them off. I did have my shades up too...maybe that was it. Kay Im gonna go turn the lights off, already closed the shades.

#12 ·
hmm..are they in the path of direct sunlight then...that could heat them up quick...

#13 ·
It wasn't like direct sunlight, but it had some, my whole room was light up..I have the curtains closed and turned the lights in their tank off for now. Thanks for helping! =D

#14 ·
Cool. Hope it goes down some. No problem!

#20 ·
My tank has been sitting at 82 all day. This is my first fish. My tank has a double lid and the light seems to keep that water warm. I have taken off the inside lid in hopes to cool the water down a little. He does seem happy although he hasn't eaten since we got him on Saturday... Any ideas?

#22 ·
I have Nutrifin Max Betta food, NutriFin Tropical fish food, betta pellets, freeze dried bloodworms that the lady at the pet store gave me and some brine shrimp that I haven't tried yet. He ate he Betta flakes the first day we got him,but nothing after that.... He's quite happy though, zipping around the tank and following my son when he walks past....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.