Betta Fish Forum banner

George doesn't seem to want to eat

756 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  beatlesusan 
#1 ·
And I'm concerned because I used the same net I used on Leslie to get George out of his container (my daughter just got him last Thursday) and now leslie is gone. He's not eating, but he swims ok. Doesn't look bloated (I don't think) and he's been making bubble nests. Just doesn't want to eat the pellets. I cleaned his bowl today and was going to try and just feed him when he acts hungry...IDK. I hope George wasnt ill and infected Leslie (who died today :() and now he'll be gone too? IDK... :(

#2 ·
Has he eaten before? It could be he's still just adjusting to his new home, as some new bettas can go up to two weeks without eating. I wouldn't worry right away, since bettas can actually live for four weeks without eating. Just keep offering him the food, and he'll probably come around. Another thing is bettas are notoriously picky eaters. Try some other varieties of food, and he'll hopefully come around.

#3 ·
ok will do. I just don't want the food to sit too long and cause problems. He did eat at first but not a whole lot. I'll just see what he wants...let him call the shots ;) thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.