Betta Fish Forum banner

Big ol' Pleco :|

4K views 58 replies 15 participants last post by  Sena Hansler 
#1 ·
So, I got a pleco today. (dog collapses beneath my chair) >.> two birds one stone heh heh...

Anyways, I meant for him to be in my 80 gallon. However... I need to medicate the poor baby. I think. I don't know. I never owned a pleco before!

He has fin rot, chewed fins and septicemia.

He came from: 15 gallon with 30 or so guppies (about 3 inches for most adults and half an inch for babies) and he is about... 8 inches. She never cleaned the tank and I quote her:

"I come in and feed them 5-6 times a week, and he cleans my tank so I don't have to do anything else." -sigh- Fish don't eat poop. Or ammonia. :roll: Whatever. It explained why her water was black when I wrestled with the pleco to get him into a 10 inch container!!! (wow I was close for size lol).

I have a vacant 20 gallon. can I, with a 40 gallon filter and NO other fish, put him in there for treatment, and what's the general rule for treatment? Half the amount? or what? :-( I don't need to dose my Oscar!!! Which is why I want to somehow....get him in the 20 then wrestle him..into...the...80...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.