Schmoo

Guh! I want a baby betta so bad! Dx
Schmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #2902 
Fin Fancier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoo View Post
Guh! I want a baby betta so bad! Dx
So far its been a lot of fun having my little baby (1 week home as of tomorrow!). I will say I worry quite a bit, though. Petco got their delivery on Tuesday and I didn't get it until Thursday. I'm hoping it lives a long, healthy life however from reading through the thread it does seem that's not the majority of situations. I'm just going to do my best. I will say I'm much less anxious when I start with a full grown fish, that's something to keep in mind when considering a baby.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #2903 
AlwaysAnimals

I just saw this thread after seeing (and adopting) a baby betta from Petco. I was suprised to see baby bettas... I had never seen them sold before and thought it was a relatively new thing... until I saw how many YEARS old this thread is! Wow! Anyway, I am LOVING all the pics, especially the update pics!! I hope to keep checking this thread out to see if people are still posting to it and showing how their baby bettas are developing I adopted a light color baby last week. I went back to Petco for dog food and once again checked out the babies... there was a red one that caught my eye but I didn't get it. Well... I kept thinking about the beautiful little thing and ended up going back for him. (I think it's a male). THANK GOODNESS I found this thread, I have been learning so much. Now, for the pics! These are my two little bettas... I'm guessing both are males but maybe a veteran eye can tell me for sure? Any guesses on tail types? Technical color terms? The light one is named Flash, and I am up in the air on a name for the red one. Maybe Dragon for a male or Ruby for a female? Thanks!
Attached Images

AlwaysAnimals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #2904 
Alaura123

Cute! I really like the second one her color is pretty :) (well I cant tell gender from the angle but she looks girly)
I think the red would be male? I don't see ovaries as far as beginners go, and I don't see an egg spot either. I am still new to this, so I would rather hear from the professionals.
Alaura123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #2905 
Giraki

Those are such adorable babies! I've been thinking about getting one myself. This thread makes it more tempting. My local Petco is supposed to be getting a new delivery on Friday, and since they had no babies today, I know any that come in will be new. Might be a good time for me to pick one up!
Giraki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM   #2906 
anitsirk92

This isn't exactly about Petco babies but it's related. I've noticed that a lot of the female labeled bettas at Petsmart are extremely tiny. A lot are just as small as some of the petco babies. Are they "babies" as well?
anitsirk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #2907 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

They are on the edge, most of them are sexually mature at that point. It depends on where they're getting the fish from, I've seen very large females and teeny tiny females too, most of them are smallish adults though.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta