Betta Fish Forum banner

Medicine

551 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Neil D 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know how good Quick Cure is for ich and other parasites. Does this med work? I have a betta and 6 cardinal tetras. None of them have any disease, but I just want to be sure about the meds.

#2 ·
I'm not sure about this stuff but often people here (including me) have had different results with different medications depending on the severity or advancement of the problem, the fish and its living conditions. Kinda like people, different medication works or doesn't work depending on the person.

#4 ·
I've had limited success with Maracyn and Maracyn II. I've also had some luck with aquarium salt. One of the main things is to treat the illness as soon as its noticed (and hopefully diagnosed correctly) so you can stop it before it gets bad. But don't just start adding medications before you're sure what you're up against. I'm fighting fin rot right now and its been going on for almost a month. Unfortunately Harley had it when I bought him but I wasn't educated enough to notice it.

#5 ·
I've had great results using Betta Revive by Hikari & aquarium salt against fin rot. My betta (no name yet) had it when I bought him, didn't know enough to diagnose it till a week later. I bought Betta Revive at the local Petco for about $3 (its a small container but you only need 1 drop per 16oz). Used it to treat him in his quarantine bowl for 3 days, along with some aquarium salt & 50% water changes every day. After the treatment his fin rot was completely gone & now his fins have started to grow back =). It's been about 3 days since I placed him back in his home tank & he's happier & healthier than ever!

Though I'm not sure if you can use this with tetras but at $3 for a supply over a weeks worth of treatment it's a pretty good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.