Betta Fish Forum banner

Two rescues

670 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wallywestisthebest333 
#1 ·
My friend gave me her two bettas today. She had just previously contacted me about how to take care of them and had some questions about one of her bettas who had fins torn and nearly gone. So I gave her advice and she was eager to follow it. But the next day she called and wanted to know if I could have them. I of course said yes.

Today she arrived with them in those half gallon cube tanks and I got them ready for a better tank. (the water looks that color b/c of IAL) I discovered that they were King Bettas! At least I'm pretty sure they are kings because they are very huge.

The state of their tanks though were quite upsetting. The red one which has severe fin rot was living with 15 or more pellets in the water. The owner had told me she did a water change sunday but I don't know. It looked really bad. The poor red one barely has any ventral fins, the dorsal fin is almost gone as well as its pectoral fins. I immediately gave it some Maracyn 2. The other one which is blue looks to be a little bit better. But I am not sure if it has fungus or not near its nose or if it is scratched scales.

Hopefully I can save these guys.

Here's pics of the red one: Should I lower the water level more? Because he just stays in the corner.

and the blue one: Not sure if that is fungus or not by his eye

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.