Betta Fish Forum banner

Petsmart return question

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  FishyFishy89 
#1 ·
So I woke up to find that one of my females red2 had managed to jump out. I got her on the 22nd of February and today is march 4th would I be able to exchange her even though she jumped ship?

#3 ·
It's not the stores fault.

#4 ·
You may be able to return her, but the store did not give you a sick fish. It would be on you if she jumped out. What kind of tank was it anyway?

I think morally you shouldn't, though, since the store sold you a healthy fish.

#5 ·
Its a 20 gallon I have a small hole in the lid by the filter I didn't think she would be able to get through it. I'm probly just going to call the store and ask them.

#6 ·
Sad to say, PetsMart will accept any return so long as the customer is unhappy. I've worked there before and the management WILL bend over backwards for their customers. :,(

#7 ·
every store I've worked at requires the fish to be brought in and a separate sample of tank water to get credit for a dead fish within one week of purchase, but a fish that jumped out doesn't qualify for a return. Now I only ever worked in Grooming at Petsmart so I don't know their exact policy on returned fish but I would just accept it wasn't the store's fault and replace the fish yourself.

#8 ·
It cost more just to drive up there and back then the cost of the fish. That and they wont have females in till after the 14 days is up. Nowhere did I say it was the stores fault. Close the thread whenever

#9 ·
i think as long as its within 14 days and you bring the fish and either have the reciept or the card you used they will. although they might not since technically it really isnt their fault. but i wouldnt say its your fault either. i didnt think they could jump through a hole so small... how are you supposed to cover that?? but i am sorry for your loss. i lost my first betta fish after only 4 days... im still not sure what he had. i thought about trying to get a refund but i didnt like the idea of treating him as money :/ it was hard enough to have to get him out of the tank and then flush him... i felt bad everytime that toilet was flushed for the rest of the day :(

#10 ·
Yeah I hate the flushing so i have a small pet grave now. but apparently I have to go up that way now so I can run in and ask.

#11 ·
I read that someone buries their fish in their potted plants so the plants get the nutrients from the fish's body. I think that's what I will do with my deceased pets in the future. Much better than flushing imo.

#12 ·
Well when my cat died with the really big cat food scare years ago we buried her by the rose garden and sat a birdbath ontop of the grave because she always loved watching birds. When my hamsters died they went there and other fish are there now so I've got a small graveyard by my roses

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.