Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #31 
Myates

I believe these are two of the different reds - cherry on top with the black, and blonde on the bottom.. two of my boys. There is a slight difference between the red color itself in life, but you can definitely see the black in one and the "blonde" in the other in life.. in the picture the cherry black one you can't see the black that well, unfortunately.
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #32 
titolatino1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
Yes, he's flaring in the first pic. He is still young, about 4 months, but I think that only affects his size anyway. I have to remember that 180 degree spread is best for form! I always forget that one, but something different stick each time I get advice on my boys.

Isn't Pan sweety? He really is sweet too. I bought him labeled as a 'female betta' & he spent a couple weeks in my sorority as Pandora. The girls followed him around & when they started showing egg bands & in one case dropping eggs I had to start wondering. He never tried to make an egg nest & showed no interest in the ladies. I'm not sure he'd spawn for me at all. I thought with his caudal being uneven on the end he might not be the best choice either.

@ Mahsfish, thank you again. I thought his top line looked a little funny, but after you posted those other pics I wasn't sure. No offense taken on his coloration not being to your taste. I think he's absolutely stunning myself. Like you said though, we all have our own tastes.

Ok, so if I want to use Hades my best choice for a mate for him would be a hmpk. I think I can get a lady for him from the same guy I am going to get Ra's lady from! Since I already plan on putting in a large order with them (I need more than 7 ladies for my 29 gallon sorority) I'll try and get on for each then.

Looks like I am down to these two males. Any suggestions on colors for the ladies? I'd just like to see what others might like. The one I was looking at for Ra was a pretty sold darker red color. Here's the boys in question again.

First Ra, than Hades
my boy is ready if you go hmpk or pk there gonna bee nice these guys shoot out cherry reds red redblues black red orange red pineapple black black orchid and black devils

heres his spawnlog
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....titolatino1970

here is his father spawn log the father of this spawn is also his
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....titolatino1970
the cts came in directly from char56 through another forum
those fish were 2 rays but they came from a mostly 4 ray spawn i hope this helps you with you decision
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #33 
justmel

@ Myates, to my untrained eye at first look it looked like the same betta, but after awhile of comparing the two I can see the difference. Thank you for the example, seeing them so close in coloring will have me prepared to really look and figure it out with the next one.

@ titolation, I've been studying the spawning logs, I figured it was another good place to learn besides the great stickies on here. I'll be spending some time going over the logs you gave me links to next. I'm sure they will be great help. I'll likely be getting my ladies from Chard. I've already talked to him about it & he had some very interesting ideas on what I could do with Ra.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #34 
titolatino1970

awesome good luck
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #35 
popcorndeer

you know the pic of the 2ed fish? i have the same fish in my room right now! O_O
popcorndeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #36 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorndeer View Post
you know the pic of the 2ed fish? i have the same fish in my room right now! O_O
You should see this one now. Mani (betta in 2nd pci) has colored up since I first got him
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #37 
Laurenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
@ titolation, I've been studying the spawning logs, I figured it was another good place to learn besides the great stickies on here. I'll be spending some time going over the logs you gave me links to next. I'm sure they will be great help. I'll likely be getting my ladies from Chard. I've already talked to him about it & he had some very interesting ideas on what I could do with Ra.
I just received 4 females from Chard that I picked out after winning the auctions for 3 of his males on Aquabid. The ladies are absolutely lovely--great form and size, very nice finnage, and awesome colors--you're definitely going to be extremely happy with any girls (or guys lol) you get from him!
Laurenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #38 
justmel

I have no doubt about that Laurenie! Chard is great! I've watched a lot of his auctions on AB, although I have yet to bid on anything there. I'll be getting at around a dozen ladies from him before long. :) A couple for breeding and a bunch more to fill my sorority.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #39 
popcorndeer

wow he is blue now!
popcorndeer is offline   Reply With Quote