Betta Fish Forum banner

*pics* Just rescued a wallmart fish who isn't a betta

4K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  Betta Slave 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally decided to go to wall mart and see the bettas, they were pretty sad but a new shipment must of come in recently because they didn't look horribly sick yet. Anyway while looking at the over stocked tiny gallon aquariums I noticed 3 long silvery fish sitting in the corner of the guppy tank, the biggest looking to be about 6 inches. My heart went out to these fish who were labelled as Dragon fish and I bought the largest who looked extra cramped.

After researching some and finding out he is a Violet/Dragon Goby who is not aggressive, has poor eye sight and often feeds at night I decided to place him in my 15g with my king until I have a bigger place for him.They do best in brackish water, but since he had been in a freshwater wall mart aquarium I'm not too worried about that at the moment since they can live in fresh and salt water. They are also prone to fin rot and body rot. I can't wait until I can give him his own home with the best kind of water conditions for him.

I felt bad for the poor Goby, but it was so funny to watch the Wallmart employee trying to catch him(With a net that was way to small)
She had never needed to catch one before and they can jump, the poor fish had jumped into 3 different aquariums before she finally had him in the net. I offered to catch him for her, but she said it was fine. She was actually a really nice foreign lady, but she new nothing about fish.

I wish I could place him in my 48g, but my cichlid hates the pleco who had been in there because it had liked being on the bottom, and the goby's super soft none scaled skin would be injured easily

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.