Betta Fish Forum banner

Can anyone estimate price of this setup?

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  veggeigirl989 
#1 ·
Would you guys happen to know how much a 20 gallon long tank, about 25lbs of gravel, and a hood/light run from petsmart? I've been looking online it looks like the tank itself is about $35 gravel maybe $15, and the hood/light around $40?? That just seems like a ton to me to pay for a hood and light... Thanks

#9 ·
Oh hmm

Looks like that in the online picture. I thought I saw some top fin long tanks in store though. I wasn't looking that carefully though as I already had a tank when I was out shopping.
Okay thanks, I think a few days after Christmas I'll head over to Petsmart and see. Maybe they'll be on sale too :-D

#10 ·
As I read above, the aquarium kits are always nice to start with and come with a lot of what you need. They don't always come with the best filters as I have experienced, but they will do good for a while. You don't need 25 lbs for a 20g tank though, 1lb of sand per 1g is good. I guess it's up to you though. If you get it set up, let us see it!

#11 ·
Yeah I like a little extra gravel :) I like to make it higher around the outside. For this tank since it would be divided a bunch I wasn't going to use a filter for a 20 gal. Especially since it would be pretty strong for a betta. I was thinking my filter for my 5 gallon for one "section" then I have a filter for like a 1.5 gal I would put in another section. Plus I already have a heater :-D So I really wasn't looking into an aquarium kit, unless it was cheaper than the tank and hood bought seperately :) Thanks

#13 ·
Haha well I don't have the 20 gallon yet! I'm 16 and live with the parents, I know they REALLY don't want another tank. But the 20 gallon would replace a 10 gallon and two 5 gallons.. so who knows? :) haha i might try and sell our 5 hex and a 1.5 gallon to encourage the 20 gallon :) haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.