Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #121 
Fenghuang

I was only able to read a little bit of it because of house guests and work, but omg, it's so cute! Dean as a father, I can't imagine, but I like it a lot so far. You did a great job keeping Dean and Sam in character. Looking forward to reading more! ^^
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #122 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
I was only able to read a little bit of it because of house guests and work, but omg, it's so cute! Dean as a father, I can't imagine, but I like it a lot so far. You did a great job keeping Dean and Sam in character. Looking forward to reading more! ^^
Glad you like it! ^^
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #123 
Fenghuang

This whole "no more bettas" rule is killing me. Look at this tiny DT! Poor little guy looks barely out of fry hood. He was very stressed and skinny. I naturally wanted to scoop him up and take him home with me. But I couldn't, of course.

Two guys that didn't quite inspire the same feeling of pity, but were really pretty and made me feel really shallow for wanting them.

Also, when did "Butterfly Betta" become a thing at Petco? I know butterfly exists as a pattern, but Petco is labelling these fish any which way. This was the only male that is sorta butterfly that was labelled as such (also really handsome boy with big fins and decent form; I only saw him once, so hopefully, he sold to someone who appreciates him).

All the Petco stores around here are getting in such nice looking fish. It seems like they are way overstocking though. I always recognize the ones that have been there for a while.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #124 
Pandoras

But the second one has a mask! D: A MASK!

I'd name him Nightwing.
Pandoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #125 
Fenghuang

Down to five bettas. Just three girls and two boys left and one of them (Kirjava) is sick. The symptons developed the exact same way as Lucina and Tiki'. She was fine and then two or three hours later, she had a big ol' sore in her side. So, yep, the disease is still alive and well. It has to be some kind of columnaris, but columnaris treatments don't work and we have no idea how it is jumping from tank to tank.

We found Kirjava on a dusty shelf with two other bettas and got her for half price because she was colorless and missing a ventral and the pet shop owner just wanted the "ugly thing gone." She ended up brightening up overnight and we discovered that she wasn't completely colorless afterall. Wish I had taken more pictures of our sorority girls, but this is one of the only pictures I have of her.

I think I'm just going to set up a simple NPT with some guppies after this is over. I was going to breed my bettas this year, but I don't think I have the heart to do it now and, plus, I would have to find a new pair. I do really like the look of Black Moscows. I want some fish babies. ):

Last edited by Fenghuang; 07-18-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #126 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm sorry. I definitely know what it's like, and it's awful. Guppies can be fun though... I know that when I got my endlers it was like a very welcome break from my diseased and difficult bettas, with their constant breeding and ridiculously easy fry raising.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #127 
Fenghuang

Are the care requirements for guppies and endlers very similar? What are your favourite strains?