Betta Fish Forum banner

My metallic mahachai.

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CandiceMM 
#1 ·
I visited the local betta shop in USA, Minnestoa and have never seen such a stunning wild betta in this form of color. I purchased him as a pair with another metallic female. I'm very excited and hope to breed them asap! :-D

You can view a youtube vid I uploaded of my male mahachai @ http://youtu.be/yhfR4ldO6AI

#4 ·
Very pretty love the spade tail fin on the male ! How long have you been into Bettas and have you ever breed them before ?
Thanks, I can remember since I was 11 when I had my first fighting plakat betta. My relatives were betta breeding hobbyists which influenced much on me. I've bred fighting plakats and halfmoon-plakats, but I have never attempt to breed wilds before. Likely it'll be some time that I take to study these wilds before I try. Many say they breed easily and multiply like dandelions, but I've read that some wilds are sensitive to water change, especially the fries.

#3 ·
I imagine they're phenomenal in person!

Pics can't capture them in full glory.

#6 ·
oooh, he's stunning!

#7 ·
Nice looking mahachai. I keep getting tempted to get a pair of them when I see photos like yours. The male is absolutely stunning.

I heard that mahachai prefer a little salt in their water as the environment they are found in can sometimes be brackish. I read on another forum that their habitat in the wild was turned into salt pans. Quite sad really.

#8 ·
What a beautiful pair you have there! That male is stunning!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.