Betta Fish Forum banner

does anyone know?

923 views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
I have been doing a bit of research on Thailand out of curiousity lately and one thing I can't figure out is if betta's originate in a portion of Thailand or are they found all over Thailand. Does anyone here know the truth to this question?

#3 · (Edited)
Really! Educate me please *sits at desk* I am really interested because of some of the things mentioned on here about Thailand's climate. If Indonesia is the place to be then I am a bit off on my target. I am terrible with geography and animal origins.

#4 · (Edited)
I just like the Indonesian fish a lot more than Thailand fish. I guess it's all personal preference. I feel like Indonesia has a much larger betta industry. I just got some new breeds of Indonesian Crowntails and cresent tail bettas! Wanna see some fish that will blow your mind? Fish that no Thailand breeder has?

I only have Indonesian breeders on my facebook group for this reason, from my Indonesian friends. This is how we do the betta thing.

Want to see more examples of Indonesian fish?

#12 ·
Thanks I appreciate the links. I am thinking about putting together a slide or something about the different countries and their average weather patterns. Maybe I can make it a larger slide and show it to my dad. He can't keep betta's alive and he doesn't understand why. He puts them in an overstocked community tank and I was hoping if I could put in some natural history of the fish and some proven care instructions maybe he will get what I am saying. Sometimes I am not to good at explaining things.

#13 ·
Like the Labyrinth is because the waters Bettas are native too lack O2 because they are so warm and stagnent but big many form territories 10 meter by 1 meter.

#15 ·
Good information guys. I think just my family and friends are going to see this but I would like to make sure you guys get referenced. College brainwashed me into citing my sources correctly. I may be able to use this for a future class, who knows? My main issue is since I have been getting into betta keeping my family is getting into it too. Just my sister in law and my dad. They are betta and gold fish killers though so I want to go into an in depth lesson they will understand. I myself want to focus on learning if there is a large difference in domestic and wild fish needs, basically if the needs are the same while including a basic care thing.

#17 ·
Unfortunately, domesticated splendens are quite different from their wild counterparts so their care doesn't really compare. I keep both and all I would say is that both wilds and splendens require adequate space, clean, heated water, and a quality diet.

IMO mental stimulation of some form is also beneficial to the fish.

#21 ·
Comparing there wild habitat to a tank is a good thing like there area entry of hiding spots in the wild and they benefit from hiding spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.