Betta Fish Forum banner

My Mahachai before and after

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Kitty Whiskers 
#1 ·
So I've been keeping my metallic Mahachai pair together since September. From then till now my male has always been trying too hard to impress his girlfriend and ended up splitting his rays in which he lost his spade shape caudal fin. :?

Yep, I just felt like I wanted to share this to you all. And don't worry he doesn't attack/bite her, just only getting his freak on. :p But yeah, as long as he's happy doing it. ;-)

Before:
View attachment 69438

And after:
View attachment 69437

#8 ·
Thanks. :-D
Sadly there isn't an official recognition of a true Mahachai, since there is not enough evidence to prove what a real mahachai is. And before you know it, their natural habitat will already be vanquish by urbanization. :-(

#12 ·
Yeah it recently got recognised as a new species. Couple of articles came out about it in some science journal sites. I believe there is a thread about it somewhere on this site.

Find it sad to think there are probably more betta species out there in the wild that have yet to be recognised officially, but are already teetering on the brink of extinction/endangerment.

Shame the cost of development and progress is so high.

#14 ·
Yeah it recently got recognised as a new species. Couple of articles came out about it in some science journal sites. I believe there is a thread about it somewhere on this site.

Find it sad to think there are probably more betta species out there in the wild that have yet to be recognised officially, but are already teetering on the brink of extinction/endangerment.

Shame the cost of development and progress is so high.
Wait, so why is it still consider an undescribed species on IBC?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.