Betta Fish Forum banner

Fluval Tanks?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Deanna01 
#1 ·
These look nice but the way they're designed it looked like a betta might have a hard time surfacing for air. Has anybody tried one of these for their betta?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a Fluval Edge II 6 gallon with a Betta in it No problem he knows where the open water is and can get out of the current in the still parts of the tank. But they are a pain to clean and maintain, that is the old Halogen light fixture which products lots of heat so change the bulbs to the LED replacements

Rick

#4 ·
No heater had to buy a 25 watt, Every thing you need. Lighting is a little weak for a planted tank so stepped on that Fluval 13 watt 6700K compact fluorescent . I had to slow the filter flow way down, it will beat a betta up pretty bad. I use a intake sponge and a plumbers washer in the intake tube to cut the diameter to about 1/2 maybe 1/3 b, but all in all I'm pleased with it. I like the Fluval Spec III (3 gallon) and the Fluval Flora tank (8 gallon) better.

Rick

#7 ·
I've just had some bad luck with heaters. I had a tetra non adjustable 50w heater that said it would maintain a constant 78*f. It was rated for 2-10 gallons but It would only keep my 2 gallon tank at 72 tops. My betta ended up getting ick really bad. I cured him and eventually moved him to a 10 gallon tank with a 50 watt adjustable heater but since then I have a hard time trusting heaters. Its sort of weird to imagine a 25 watt being capable of heating even a 6 gallon tank.

Do you have any pictures of your tank micho?

#9 ·
I have an Fluval Edge 12-gallon for one of my bettas, and he loves it--he goes all over the tank. He didn't have any problem finding where the surface was to get up for air. He is a crowntail, though, and not a huge-finned guy; I'm not sure if a really big-finned betta might be bothered by the flow there, but mine is not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.